|Alias:|| The Blurry Man|
|Status:||Deceased (Killed by Jeremy)|
Bringer of the Apocalypse
|Allies:||Order of the Blood Moon, The Shadow Warriors, Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Andy Brooks, Serilda of Abaddon, Hellfire Club, Ro'kenhronteys, Tree Monster, Banastre Tarleton, Ancitif|
|Enemies:||Ichabod Crane, Katrina Crane, Abbie Mills, Jenny Mills, Frank Irving, August Corbin, Alfred Knapp, Sisterhood of the Radiant Heart, Lachlan Fredericks|
|Portrayed by:|| D.J. Mifflin|
Grant Springate (Boy Moloch)
Austin Filson (Teenage Moloch)
Moloch is able to change his appearance, as he first appeared blurred, then changed to having white skin, and then to black skin. His normal form is humanoid, with claws, horns, and demonic voice, speaking Greek. He has demonstrated invisibility, knowledge in magic spells, telekinesis, teleportation, and massive strength. He resides in the parallel dimension known as "Purgatory".
Moloch was an ancient demon, spoken of in several theological and religious books, including 17th-century poem Paradise Lost by John Milton.
In 1774, he approached the dying Abraham Van Brunt and made a deal with him: Abraham would sell his soul to Moloch and become Death, one of the Four Horsemen. In exchange, Abraham would receive Katrina once the Apocalypse began.
The first recorded Sleepy Hollow sighting of Moloch was by a farmer who spotted him in 1882, when he appeared near four white trees in Pocantico Grove. He would return centuries later, when he was seen by Abbie and Jenny Mills.
Following Moloch's awakening of the Headless Horseman, he has also killed and resurrected police officer Andy Brooks, and instructing him to bring back Serilda of Abaddon to life. He also used Ro'kenhronteys to get to Abbie, and The Shadow Warriors to regain The Lesser Key of Solomon, in order to open the gates to Hell. He had also sent his minions to retrieve Death from his imprisonment yet had his minions stop Death from killing Ichabod.
Moloch was pure evil. He seeks to corrupt, to destroy, to bring about the End of Days.
Moloch's minions were all but expendable pawns to him, whoever they were and did not suffer fools, being very unforgiving to failure, and any promises he makes means nothing to him, as he will break any if it suits him.
He will make use of any and every method possible to meet his ends, no matter how deceitful and underhanded, and he did not care how many lives were suffered to achieve his goals.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As an extremely powerful demon and the bringer of the apocalypse, Moloch had several powers that were unique to him, which he used to get out of Purgatory and destroy all human beings.
- Supernatural Awareness: Moloch was quite aware of the current situation, and that was the possible reason for him to know Jeremy Crane's plan to summon Mary Wells as a ghost.
- Spell Casting: Moloch had vast knowledge of magical spells and rituals. He was powerful enough to bring the Apocalypse to Earth.
- Super Stamina:
- Super Strength: Moloch possesses great strength, able to lift people up with one hand and is strong enough to snap Andy's neck (though, this may be an extension of his telekinesis).
- Super Speed: Moloch could run with great speed, and he could chase Abbie in Purgatory as fast as the wind.
- Telekinesis: Moloch is able to move things and people with his mind. He was able to snap Andy's head.
- Mind Control:
- Astral Projection: Moloch can appear before select people, either enemy or ally, to either intimidate them or instruct them on what to do.
- Teleportation: He could teleport himself from Purgatory into human world. However, he could not summon Apocalypse, for he did not reach his full power until he was brought into the mortal world by Jeremy. This may be an extension of his astral projection ability.
- Demon Creation: He is able to turn human into his demonic minions, and the famous examples of this could be Andy and the first two Horsemen.
- Necromancy: Moloch has the power to raise the dead. He was able to bring Andy Brooks back to life as an undead servant and he was also able to raise Jeremy from the grave he was buried in for two centuries.
- Weather Control: Once burning down the first and the second of the Four White Trees, Moloch could summon thunderstorm and blood hails.
The General of Four HorsemenEdit
As the one behind the creation of the Horsemen of Death and War, Moloch was considered to be the master of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. He requires a pact between himself and the person that would become of his horsemen in the process.
As Abraham lay dying, Moloch approached him and offered him Katrina in exchange for becoming the Horseman of Death, which Abraham accepted without question.
During the time he was buried alive in his coffin, Jeremy developed a great hatred and desired vengeance toward the world. Moloch came to him and offered him the chance to obtain revenge as the Horseman of War, and Jeremy accepted the pact and viewed Moloch as his true father, resenting his real parents.
However, Moloch did not return any sentiments to Jeremy, seeing him only as a soldier to follow his commands, as well as an expendable pawn. His cruelty towards Jeremy however leads to his demise when Jeremy finally sees Moloch for what he was, and stabs the demon with the Sword of Methuselah.
It was unknown when Moloch came to the Horseman of Conquest/Pestilence, but it was possible that this occurred sometime after the Revolutionary War. It was also possible that this horsemen was acting under Moloch to spread his plague in order to enter the mortal realm.
"First Moloch, horrid King besmear'd with blood of human sacrifice, and parents tears..." - Abbie Mills, quoting Paradise Lost
"Not Katrina..." - Moloch letting Ichabod know that Katrina didn't summon him
"Come out and face me Moloch...or are you afraid?" - Ichabod attempting to taunt Moloch
Behind the ScenesEdit
|Pilot||Blood Moon||For the Triumph of Evil...||The Lesser Key of Solomon||John Doe|
|The Sin Eater||The Midnight Ride||Necromancer||Sanctuary||The Golem|
|The Vessel||The Indispensable Man||Bad Blood|
|This Is War||The Kindred||Root of All Evil||Go Where I Send Thee...||The Weeping Lady|
|And the Abyss Gazes Back||Deliverance||Heartless||Mama||Magnum Opus|
|The Akeda||Paradise Lost||Pittura Infamante||Kali Yuga||Spellcaster|
|What Lies Beneath||Awakening||Tempus Fugit|